- Scientific Name: Neuroctenus transitus
- Description: Bark Bugs use camouflage to hide on tree trucks, so accurately that it can be very difficult for predators to see them.
- Tap on Bark bugs when you spot them to get a small Honeydew bonus.
- Description not unlocked: Find and tap on a Hidden Bug to unlock.
On its appearance it makes a sound like a surly 'meh'.
Special AbilitiesSpecial Ability. Currently these butterflies create some Bark Bugs :
- Monarch (3 Bark Bugs every 4 hours)
- Map Butterfly (5 Bark Bugs every 6 hours)
- Wood White (5 Bark Bugs every 6 hours)
- Purple-Spotted Swallowtail (10 Bark Bugs every 12 hours)
- The Waiter Daggerwing (10 Bark Bugs every 12 hours)
- Scylla Orange Emigrant (5 Bark Bugs every 6 hours)
- Banded Orange Awlet (5 Bark Bugs every 6 hours)
- Small Tortoiseshell (5 Bark Bugs every 6 hours)
- Barkbug Hunter: Find the Barkbug 10 Times (Reward: 1)
- Barkbug Hunter II: Find the Barkbug 50 Times (Reward: 1,000)
- Barkbug Hunter III: Find the Barkbug 200 Times (Reward: Twig )
- Sometimes the Bark Bug gets stuck after tapping and stays (untapable) on its spawn spot. This doesn't prevent other bug spawns. This can be solved be closing the game completely and restarting.
- Some shy individuals don't get up completely and are harder to find, as only their legs might be visible beyond the branch.